It’s been a fantastic ride from 2007 to 2020. You can find the Get-it-Done Guy archives here:
Today’s Get-It-Done Guy episode features Michael Port, author of the new book Steal the Show. Michael is CEO and founder of Heroic Public Speaking, where he teaches top speakers to deliver their message in persuasive, powerful ways. In this interview, he shares how to persuade your work group, team, investors, or board when selling your ideas at work.
Buy Michael’s Book
You can find Michael’s book anywhere fine books are found. Of course, I’d be most grateful if you would use my affiliate link to help support my efforts.
Michael Port, Stealing the Show
In Episode 555, I mention sources about the origins and usefulness (or lack thereof) of recycling:
- The origins of anti-litter campaigns. Basically a corporate strategy to shift the cost of reusability from the corporate income statement onto the communities. This is called “externalizing costs,” when a company finds a way to shift their costs to someone else (all of us) while keeping the profits.
- Dr. Max Liboiron, director of the Civic Laboratory for Environmental Action Research (CLEAR) in Newfoundland discusses that recycling doesn’t make a difference, if you look at the actual data. The solution isn’t to try to get communities to recycle; the solution is to get producers to stop using plastic. (The same is true for global warming, by the way. Unless the top 100 CO2 emitters decide to stop, no amount of consumer action will change the fundamental trend.)
Today’s Get-It-Done Guy episode features Michael Hyatt, author of the new book Free to Focus. Michael Hyatt is a successful CEO of a major business, entrepreneur, public speaker, and expert in productivity and helping people reach their goals. He joined me on the Get-it-Done Guy to share tips and wisdom from his new book, “Free to Focus.”
Buy Michael’s Book, “Free to Focus”
You can find Michael’s book, “Free to Focus,” anywhere fine books are found. Of course, I’d be most grateful if you would use my affiliate link to help support my efforts.
Michael Hyatt, interviewed by Stever Robbins
Michael Hyatt, Free to Focus interview with Stever Robbins
Here are the links and resources for Get-it-Done Guy episodes on time tracking:
- Episode 176: How to Deal With a Boss Who Gives You Too Much Work (by tracking your time!)
- Episode 288: Make Better Estimates Through Time Tracking.
- Episode 377: Estimate tracking, along with downloadable estimating resources.
- Time tracking worksheet (PDF version)