How many hours does email waste each day?
Be sure to include time people spend:
- Dealing with being CC:d or BCC:d on a dozen messages and trying to figure out why.
- Using email when voice or in-person would be faster.
- Sending or receiving messages sent for butt-covering reasons, rather than forward-movement reasons.
- Decoding ambiguous, incomplete, or vague email from someone in power (someone other than you, of course; your emails are well-known to be complete, clear, and concise).
- Scanning and reading email that turns out to be irrelevant.
- “Multi-tasking” because each email shoves you into a different train of thought?
- Just calming down and re-centering from the anxiety of having a huge inbox backlog.
hours and minutes of each employee’s time each day.
What is the average annual salary at the company?
How many employees do you have?
How many hours per week do employees work on average?
hours per week